Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.zafartstories.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Zafartstories.com undertakes to protect the personal data of its visitors / users and to comply with relevant Greek and EU provisions on the protection of personal data for the protection of individuals from the processing of personal data applicable.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
As provided by the existing legal framework, you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no sufficient or legal reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights or if you have any further questions about this policy or how we handle your personal information, please get in touch with us by writing to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Returns / Cancelation policy
- Returns and changes are accepted within 5 working days from the date of receipt. You have the right to ask for a replacement with another product of equal or higher value or a two months credit voucher;
- Money return is not possible;
- You have the right to ask for a return only one time per each order. Please note that all shipping return costs are to be paid solely by the costumer;
- In case you return the product later than 5 working days, the return will not be accepted;
- In case of a defective product or a wrong one by our fault, all shipping costs are to be paid by ZafArt Stories;
- We don’t accept returns at discounted items (situation n5 is excluded);
- We don’t accept returns at earrings for health reasons (situation n5 is excluded);
- We don’t accept returns to personalized orders;
- Order cancellation can be accepted only after communication.
Shipping and delivery policy
All our pieces are custom made to order and require 5-7 business days for production.
If you need an item faster, please contact us and w will try to accommodate your request based on production scheduling.
We offer free shipping for orders over 60,00€. Shipping within Greece is with Geniki Taxidromiki.
The shippment costs depends on the delivery address andthe total weight of the order.
We have 2 means of shipping:
– Simple shipping
– Pay on delivery
Payment transactions security
All payments made using the card are processed through the electronic payment platform of “Alpha e-Commerce” of Alpha Bank and uses TLS 1.2 encryption protocol encryption with 128-bit (Secure Sockets Layer – SSL). Encryption is a way of coding the information until it reaches its recipient, who will be able to decode it using the appropriate key.